Dental Crowns in Maple
A crown is a covering that sits over the top of the tooth creating a surface to protect, cover, seal and strengthen your tooth. Crowns are used in many different scenarios, as they are effective and often allow us to save a tooth rather than turning to implants. Situations where a crown may be the solution include:
- Larger fillings that have broken down or have formed decay around them, may need a crown to save the tooth.
- A cracked tooth may need a crown to hold it together. Be careful not to wait too long as an untreated cracked tooth can become sensitive or eventually break.
- Teeth that are very sensitive, either from a lot of "wear", or from receded gums, sometimes require crowns to seal and protect them from hot and cold sensitivity.
- A tooth that has broken may be too weak to hold a filling. A crown will hold the tooth together and prevent it from breaking again. If the fracture is too deep, Root Canal Therapy may be required before the tooth is crowned.
- A tooth that has undergone Root Canal Therapy will need a crown to properly seal and protect the tooth.
On the basis of your oral health and the condition of your teeth, your dentist at Family Dentistry in Maple, will be assess is a dental crown may be required to save a tooth. To learn more about the benefits of dental crowns, contact our Family Dentistry in Maple today.